Ham Hock n’ Beans
Old Time Family Recipe
- 1 to 2 Farmers Helper Smoked Ham Hocks
- 1lb Great Northern beans (dried)
- 1 Sweet Onion coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and sliced
- 6 cups water or broth
Soak beans overnight, rinse and drain the beans before placing them in the crock pot.
Put the rinsed beans, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, parsley, cloves, ham hocks into the crock pot along with 6 cups water or broth.
Cover crock, and cook on low for about 8 hours, or until beans are tender and creamy.
Skim any excess fat, if necessary, before serving.